四根燃烧的蜡烛

时间:2022-09-30 08:31:41

四根燃烧的蜡烛

In a room there were four candles burning. The ambiance1 was so soft that you could hear them talking.

在一个房间,有四根燃烧着的蜡烛,四周气氛非常柔和,你都可以听到它们之间的谈话。

The first one said, “I am Peace. However, nobody can keep me lit. I believe I will go out.”

第一根蜡烛说:“我的名字叫‘和平’,然而没有人能一直让我亮着,我想我要熄灭了。”

Its flame rapidly diminished2 and went out completely.

它的光芒很快变弱,最终完全熄灭了。

The second one said, “I am Faith. Most of all I am no longer indispensable3, so it does not

make any sense that I stay lit any longer.”

第二根蜡烛说:“我的名字叫‘信念’。最糟糕的是,我已经不再是必不可少的,因为我没有再亮下去的必要了。”

When it finished talking, a breeze4 softly blew on it putting it out.

当它讲完以后,一阵柔和的微风吹灭了它。

Sadly, the third candle spoke in its turn. “I am Love. I have not gotten the strength to stay

lit. People put me aside and don’t understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are closest to them.”

轮到第三根蜡烛了,它悲伤地说:“我的名字叫‘爱’,我没有力量再亮下去。人们把我放在一边,不明白我的重要性,他们甚至忘记去爱身边最亲近的人。”

And waiting no longer, it went out.

很快,第三根蜡烛熄灭了。

Suddenly a child entered the room and saw three candles not burning. “Why are you not

burning, you are supposed to stay lit till the end.”

突然,一个孩子走进房间,看见三根蜡烛不再燃烧。“你们为什么不燃烧了,你们应该亮到最后。”

Saying this, the child began to cry. Then the fourth candle said, “Don’t be afraid, while I am

still burning we can relight the other candles, I am Hope.”

说到这里,小孩子开始哭了。然后第四根蜡烛说:“不要害怕,当我还在燃烧的时候,我能重新点燃其他的蜡烛,我的名字叫‘希望’。

With shining eyes, the child took the candle of Hope and lit the other candles.

小孩子闪动着眼睛,用这根叫“希望”的蜡烛点燃了其他的蜡烛。

The flame of hope should never go out from our life and each of us can maintain5 hope, faith, peace and love.

在我们的生活中,希望的光芒永远不应该熄灭,我们每个人都应该保持希望、信仰、和平和爱。

上一篇:《步步为营 决胜中考》与湖北省武汉市初中毕业... 下一篇:Killer Cats and Dogs